Thank you for your interest in DMQ Review. We’re always interested in work that reflects the diversity of contemporary poetry and demonstrates literary excellence.
For POETRY submissions, please follow our specific guidelines. The DMQ Review receives first serial rights to the poetry it publishes. Reprint rights revert to the author three months after the first day of publication.
For MICRO REVIEWS, please follow specific guidelines. The Reviews editor reserves the right to select books of interest at her discretion. We do NOT accept book reviews written by other authors.
We hope you will consider subscribing on the website for new issue releases. Reading DMQ Review is the best way to know what we like. Thanks for supporting us.
We’re excited to add a new feature to DMQ Review: The DMQ Reviews: Micro Reviews of New Books of Poetry. In each issue we’ll feature three or four new poetry collections out from indie presses, books that spark discussion around a theme that emerges from our reading. We’re looking for both new and established poets, both smarts and heart. Above all, we’re interested in craft.
Please submit a .pdf file of your book in final proof format and a cover letter that includes a short bio, date of publication, and name of publisher. Your book must be a full-length collection and have been published within the last 12 months at the time of submission to be considered.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to emailed inquiries about review submissions. Please submit work that you believe meets our criteria and we will respond to your submission as soon as we are able.
We look forward to reading you!
- Please include no more than five poems in a single attachment.
- Your separate cover letter should include a list of all pieces submitted and a brief bio, 50 words or less.
- Please do not submit poems that have previously appeared online or in print.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere, email@example.com
- We make every effort to respond within three months.
- We ask that you wait for a new issue to appear before submitting again.
- The DMQ Review receives first serial rights to the poetry it publishes. Reprint rights revert to the author three months after the first day of publication in the DMQ Review.
- DMQ Review is self-funded and does not charge for submissions.
- Interested Artists, please send a link to your website to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks for your interest in our journal!